Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Teaching

                                     Teaching...       
  
         This will be my 17th year to teach and in the 16 years of teaching I have dealt with a variety of everything.  I was an assistant to begin right out of college and then taught Special Education for a few years, also taught Kindergarten and 2nd grade, back to Special Education and then finally to middle school Reading.  During all of the teaching I went back to school to get my Rank II and my Rank I, which for those of you who do not know basically means you choose a emphasis area and study that for a specific number of hours, complete the course work to satisfaction, take a test, and then you receive a pay increase.  It sounds much simpler than the time you put in I assure you.
        In my teaching career I have seen education change somewhat, but in it all what has not changed is the kids ALWAYS need love.   It is a shame how there are so many kids that come to school and do not have the necessary supplies physically and emotional support to be the best they can be.   This is where the teachers must fill in the gaps.   This leaves a hardship on many teachers who are desperately trying to teach and do all of the other hundreds of  duties they need to as a teacher.
       As this summer break is a much needed break for many it is not the entire summer.  So, those new to teaching or who want to be a teacher take note.  You really only receive a few weeks off, because of either professional development days required by your district or either you can not turn off your mind as a working teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment